Questions à poser lors de l'évaluation des caractéristiques de la maison
- Do you need several bedrooms, more than one bathroom, space for a home office, a two-car garage?
- Do you want air conditioning, storage or hobby space, a fireplace, a swimming pool? Do you have family members with special needs?
- Do you plan to have children? Downtown or suburbs? Proximity to recreation or work.
- Do you need a substantial backyard? Pets?
- Is there adequate storage space?
- Will any remodeling be required to make the home move-in ready for you?
- Who are the service providers (cable, Internet, telephone, Satelite) that are available in the area, and is the house completely wired for each? Can you hear me now – how good is the cell phone reception?
- How much are the yearly property taxes?
- How much do utilities run each month? Does the house use gas or electric for the furnace, water heater, and appliances?
- How old are the major appliances, and which are included with the house?
- Have there been any major repairs to the house, and if so, when were they completed? For example, how old is the roof? Has water ever damaged the basement or foundation?
- Ever had problems with insects, such as termites and spiders, or rodents?
- Older homes need to be carefully examined - Windows may need caulking or new sashes, bathroom tiles may need grouting, home may need rewiring (planning on a hot tub or sauna?), a new hot water heater, or a new furnace.