Emplacement, un critère très important
- How far will you be commuting and what is the traffic like? Factor in cost of fuel.
- Where will your children attend school and how will they commute?
- Are there recreational facilities and parks close by?
- Are you close to family and friends?
- Is safety or high crime an issue?
- Is the property close to an obstacle or negative influence? (i.e. an apartment building, shopping centre, school, radio tower, power lines, LRT or railroad track, highway, airport or commercial project).
- Access to schools, work, recreation, shopping centres, public transportation, cultural attractions, libraries, churches and hospitals
- Adjacent undeveloped land - what is proposed for this or other green space?
- Heavy traffic can be noise nuisance and hazard for children
- Distance from the unit to amenities, parking, walkways, roads, public transit
- Does the neighborhood reflect positively on the value of the condo and your lifestyle choice?
- Does this neighborhood, for any reason, have a poor reputation?
- Is the future economic climate for the area good? Are businesses moving in? Is there government investment?
- Are people moving in or out of the neighborhood? What is their age, income level, family size?
- Are there plans for this neighborhood that you may be unaware of (i.e. a future highway, a commercial development or a new housing development) that will provide competition on resale?